Tuesday, June 30, 2015

In which we finish with about four hours to spare.....

I was having keys made at 5pm when the key guy said he didn't have the right length key to match the apartment door.  I just calmly stood there watching him search.  I helpfully said " It goes to a fire door I bought from you guys." He kept searching.  My eyes landed on the right key about 10 seconds before his did.  Before that I had that knot in my stomach imagining me saying to the renters "No AC in the front room until tomorrow and no keys to the apartment, its ok if you leave it unlocked....really."  everything was right with the world....I found a make due kitchen garbage can until we find the perfect design in yet another shade of gray that will take 13 gallon bags and miniature rose bushes were on sale at the Hannaford.  
We did it.
Here are the newest photos to prove it.

Our friend Peg Worth painting the oil in the dining room.

We had fun with the living room


Winston gave me the letters when he was cleaning out the barn after he sold the place to us.  Greg and I had fun dreaming up "FEAST"


I love this end of the living room, its turned out so much cozier than either of us suspected.  The framed architectural print is from a late 19th century German pattern book that a librarian at the Art Institute gave to me, or rather, told me where to find the deaccessioned volumes out by the trash barrels.  (the library was given a copy in much finer condition, and I ended up with almost 300 polychrome architectural prints from the 1890s, most with duct tape holding them together.  


Fantasy bathroom


Greg put up the SOS in the book nook this morning


and wonderful William Zorach watercolors


The sunny first floor bedroom has its own balcony and this funky armoire we got at a local tag sale.


We couldn't find the right couch, so we made the second floor living room into a game room with comfy chairs, a backgammon board, some puzzles and the DVD screen.  


The master bedroom has a super nice living area

The bed looks pretty comfortable too.

 My favorite, the little bathroom.  It would make any New Yorker feel at home

Crazily enough, the William Zorach watercolor in this room matches the sheets and the lampshades.  Not intentionally mind you, but I probably had the colors on my brain. 

more living room and that's it, really.  

we made it.

thanks everyone.


No comments: