Wednesday, March 26, 2014

In which we review some more

Just a couple of photos this morning before we get to work. The boys went to town on the front of the building yesterday, putting in new windows and taking off the moldings around the first floor facade in preparation for the porch.  

The old girl looks a bit saggy in the photo below.  

I have had several people remark to me that they had never noticed this building downtown before we started working on it. 



During....she is straight and tall and proud now....and lacking doors!

Most people I chat with about the place do not remember the barn at all.....I find that funny, since it was a 3000 sq. foot structure!

We have one more window to put in...hopefully, after the electrician comes today to move electrical box, the boys can replace that wall and get the window in.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the porch!

Unknown said...

I am so excited by this whole project. Having such a love for this building, I have to admit I get teary eyed seeing all that faded red gone away. I know you are going to do great things for this building and look forward to seeing and experiencing the final product!