Friday, May 9, 2014

In which I pontificate

Most days this project freaks me out.  We are pouring our hearts and souls and backs and savings into the Ocean House and when I log in and see my bank balance going steadily down towards zero, I have to try and get my heart rate down to normal.  

But, when I pulled up to the North side of the Ocean House today and saw the finished side of the building, I smiled inwardly.  This is what I have been waiting for, this is what all that other stuff was for.  We have definitely sacrificed a lot for this and to see the building as it looks below is so gratifying, so satisfying.  I hope that feeling holds, but I know it is a fleeting one.  I will be out back of the building most of the weekend painting trim boards, wondering when we will be done and if we can get everything accomplished that we want.  

I have to pat ourselves on the back and say "good for us"  This keeps us going.  Our vision is going to be realized.  Slum and Blight didn't beat us.  Hooray for the Ocean House!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for Belfast!